Friday, June 21, 2013

Sharing the passion


I realised I had a passion for painting ever since I was a little kid. The many colours and the way I could make the lines move fascinated me, much to my mother’s woes. She wondered why every time I was asked to do homework, I always ran for my drawing book.  But you know what, she understood me – just as I do with my kids now – I remember her buying me all those fancy art supplies from the market store even though there were not so many stores nearby then.

 
My daughter too shares the same passion – and may I say I’m so so glad. I just understand why she always reaches for her art book and if you don’t hear her loud voice busy fighting with or bulling her baby sister, it’s because she is buried in her new art project that just has caught her fancy.  No surprise when she came home with a prize basket for her school drawing contest entry. Need I tell you, I was more excited than her?

 

For all you parents out there, with creative kids, you know what I am talking about.  I now only wish she can draw finer lines and use lighter shades of colour to show more light, and if only she would choose her topics more carefully, allow me to help (ha ha),  and ............. if she can wash up after she finishes!

 
home n heart       babies n bibs        arts n crafts

 
Also after having my own two little kids that I am now responsible for and wholly committed to, time to think and stare has become so little and precious, and I need it most to re-focus and re-energize myself or else the whole parenting thing can become a big mess. Being a full time mom, working at office and home, feels like being a super-hero sometimes, I would like to believe an Angelina Jolie type of sleek, strong, passionate, super-focused, dedicated....(the list can go on and on) superstar (but without the super-maid/butler/driver kinda extra backup).  Without getting distracted about the Jolie girl and, back to my precious sparse spare time, I actually managed to do a proper painting on canvas with acrylics! And without having any melt-downs with kids still running around playing, making a mess, but the painting did reach completion and up on my wall at last!  And of course getting my girls excited about water colors at the same time!! Big pat on the back!!!


The colors of the sun – the most painted theme ever – and this is my rendition.
 
 

No comments: